Opening Doors to the Good Things in Life: Implementing Social Role Valorization
7th International Conference
Winnipeg, Manitoba CANADA, June 6-8 2018
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS & SPEAKERS
APPLICATION FORM DUE: SEPTEMBER 30 2017
The 7th International Social Role Valorization (SRV) Conference will be held in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada June 6-8 2018. Pre-conference events will take place June 4 and 5. The 2018 Conference Committee is pleased to invite proposals for concurrent sessions.
SRV theory, derived from the principle of normalization, was first defined by Wolf Wolfensberger in 1983. Over the past 35 years, many have used SRV theory to guide their work in supporting individuals and families, in education, training and advocacy.
The focus of this conference will be on the implementation of SRV. This is an opportunity for academics, practitioners, human service providers, policy-makers, advocates, educators and trainers, individuals who receive services and their families to come together to discuss and consider the impact and influence that SRV has on their lives and in their work. We will consider presentations and papers on a variety of topics that relate to the implementation of SRV Theory. For instance:
- How SRV influences the services and supports that are available to individuals and/or families. This could include, but not be limited to, family supports, education, work, health, home, recreation and leisure, community participation and advocacy.
- How SRV is used to develop agency, organizational or governmental policies.
- How SRV is used as an analytical tool in policy, law or research.
- How SRV is used in service development and/or evaluation
- Effective ways of teaching and promoting SRV.
Submitting your application to present
You must complete all of the required sections (see below). Please send your application to present to email@example.com as an attached Word document. You may submit at any time, but all applications are due by September 30 2017. We will confirm all presenters electronically, in December 2017.
Contact: Cecilia Melendez at firstname.lastname@example.org